Healthy Delicious Turkey Chili
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 lb ground turkey
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1. Add olive oil to bottom of a large cooking pot and turn heat on medium-low.
2. Add garlic to pot and cook until it starts to brown, stirring frequently (about 2 minutes).
3. Add onions and cook on medium-low until golden and translucent (about 5 minutes).
4. Add ground turkey and cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through.
5. Combine seasonings in a small bowl, then pour over cooked turkey meat in pot, and stir.
6. Pour in 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (be careful, it will splash slightly).
7. Stir in light brown sugar, kidney beans, and chopped peppers.
8. Simmer on medium-low heat for 30 minutes with cover on, slightly vented to allow steam to escape.
9. Serve with your choice of sides!